Questions & Answers
Q. How can I use my iPad to help me run my business more efficiently?
Many entrepreneurs are still on the fence about whether to take the plunge and buy an iPad (or any tablet for that matter). Is there really a business case for owning one? A reason that is beyond the “cool” factor? I can say without a shadow of a doubt that your tablet will make a difference in how you work. Here are my top five reasons.
- Freedom from the Office – The best thing about the iPad is it delivers freedom to work from anywhere. Its thin and light design means you can take it anywhere, easily. Because it’s connected to the Internet, you have instant access to all your documents “back at the office”. A very handy feature.
- Streamline Business Processes – Your iPad comes with Mail, Calendar, Notes and Safari already loaded. But there are also a bunch of great apps in the App Store that will help you run your business more efficiently. Many applications you already use will likely have a mobile version (for your phone or tablet). Microsoft software will also work on your iPad.
- No More Paper – iPad eliminates the need for paper and the extra step of transferring handwritten notes into electronic form. With iPad, you only need to carry one device—and better yet, you won’t waste time looking for those scraps of paper.
- Stunning Presentations – You’ll realize the difference a great screen resolution can make once you see your presentation on the iPad’s large LED-backlit display. It really makes everything remarkably crisp, vivid, and bright. You can even connect your iPad to an HDTV or projector to deliver your presentation on the big screen.
- Meetings – Gone are the days of having to all be in one room to have a meeting. Or call in and have everyone “talk to the phone”. The iPad is an amazing meeting tool. Attend or host online meetings with clients, share agendas, and make video calls using FaceTime (preloaded) with colleagues. It’s a great way to add a level of personalization to your technology.