The app this month is a handy tool that will help you use Twitter to get more eyeballs on your website.
It’s called Click to Tweet and it’s an easy way to promote your business on Twitter. With a single click your readers can tweet quotes or other content right from your blog article.
Here’s a video to show you how to create your Click to Tweet link in 5 easy steps:
1. Select the text for retweeting
- In WordPress copy the text you want people to retweet.
- In another browser window, go to the Click To Tweet website: www.clicktotweet.com.
2. Create the Click to Tweet unique link
- Paste the copied text from your blog article into the white box on the Click to Tweeet website.
- Go back to WordPress and get a shortlink for the webpage’s URL.
- Copy that short link and paste it into the white box on the Click to Tweet website, following the text that you just put in.
- Go to WordPress and copy the permalink.
- Got to Click to Tweet and paste that link into the box (following the tweetable content).
- Now add your twitter handle: @twittername.
- Click the green Generate Link button. Your unique URL is now displayed in gray box below Here’s your URL.
- Highlight and copy that URL.
Note: You only have 140 characters for your tweets. Make sure you reserve 10 – 15 characters for people who are retweeting so they can add their own content. (In other words, your Click to Tweet message should only be 125 – 130 characters long.)
3. Preview your link.
- Click the blue underlined text to preview what your visitors will see when they click your Click to Tweet link.
4. Create a Click to Tweet link in your blog.
- Go back to your WordPress blog and and write Click to Tweet following your tweetable text.
- Create a hypertext link using the unique URL you just copies from the Click to Tweet website.
5. Test the link
- In WordPress, preview your blog article page.
- Test the Click to Tweet link. A Twitter box should appear with the option to tweet your message.
Social media is all about sharing ideas and information. Click to Tweet is an easy way to help you spread the word about your business and your services. Click to tweet!
There are so many tech tools and apps available, it’s not surprising. Not to worry … I’m here to help. Book your complimentary Burnout Buster Power Hour and I’ll help you choose the right tools to make your business streamlined and efficient. Follow this link to find out more.
Over to you …
Have you ever used the Click to Tweet! link on someone else’s website and wondered how they created that link? Do you use Click to Tweet on your own website. Has it increased traffic to your blog/website? Share your insights below and let’s talk.