When was the last time you went to a conference and returned with more than a bag full of handouts? Instead you
- felt motivated to do greater things in your business or career
- made meaningful business connections, and
- were inspired to play a bigger game in your life.
That’s what I came back with, having attended the Women in Leadership + Business Conference where I spoke on productivity techniques to transform the way you work.
For two days I was surrounded by thought leaders, game changers and motivators. While I was there I kept thinking of you. Specifically, how to translate all I’ve learned into bite-size takeaways you can apply to your business, career and life.
Here are some of the powerful messages I heard from speakers, and during my many conversations.
- Robots will never have courage and empathy.
- Perks are not culture.
- Building a business is messy.
- It’s normal to feel like a failure along the way.
- If you want to change things, you have to build things.
- A girl knows her limits, but a wise girl knows she has none.
- Be inspiring.
- You are the best expert on you.
- Leverage the strength in the room.
- How you lead is who you are.
- Be socially active.
- Stop planning and get going.
- Innovation comes through iteration.
- Do what others aren’t willing to do.
- Do the thing you fear the most and it will become your greatest asset.
- Get out of your comfort zone.
- Conversations matter.
- Step up to the microphone whenever it is offered.
- Know your value and be able to articulate it.
- In our state of chaos we need a point of focus.
- Foster beliefs that make you feel more powerful.
- Be confident in your abilities
- Share your view in your own style.
- Never sacrifice the things that make you who you are.
- Others believe in you. You just need to believe in yourself.
- You build yourself into a powerful idea.
- Tap into that deep well within you and listen to the whispers.
- Passion is good, but your ideas need to make a profit.
- Inhale confidence. Exhale doubt.
- Be authentic.